What soothes you?
What really, truly makes your heart skip and your entire body just relax?
* seeing birds soaring on thermals
* the ocean
* the sun
* children having fun
* apple crumble/pie
* nettle tea
* a good book
* grass under bare feet
* resting in my partner’s arms with a movie
* the scent of vanilla/cinnamon
* talking to elderly ladies in shopping queues and hearing their perspective on life
* seeing the flowers bloom
* feeling a warm breeze
* singing to yourself
* dancing when no-one’s watching
What can you fit into your day? I had 25 minutes to kill before an interview; so I walked for 3 minutes, sat on the beach for 12 and walked back in time to be suitably early.
Take a moment to smell the flowers, reach for an overhanging tree branch or smile at someone with a dog/child. Connect with nature and savour the simple satisfaction.
What could add to this list this weekend?